Adding taxon restrictions¶
Before adding taxon restrictions, please review the types of taxon restrictions documentation.
See Daily Workflow for creating branches and basic Protégé instructions.
in taxonrelations are added as
- Navigate to the term for which you want to add the only in taxon restriction.
- In the Description window click on the
- In the pop-up window type a new relationship (e.g.
'in taxon' some Viridiplantae).
- The taxa available are imported ontology terms and can be browsed just like any other ontology term.
never in taxonor
present in taxonrelations added as
- Navigate to the taxon term you want to add a restriction on.
- Copy the IRI (you can use command U to display this on a Mac)
- Navigate to the term for which you want to add the never in taxon restriction.
- In the class annotations window, click on the
- In the left-hand panel, select
- In the right-hand panel, in the IRI editor panel, paste in the IRI.
- Click OK to save your changes.
- (Note - you can achieve the same thing using the Entity IRI tab + navigating to the correct taxon but this is slow and not very practical)
See Daily Workflow section for commit, push and merge instructions.